These gloomy days make you want to pamper yourself with something good, so today I prepared this delicious orange guinea fowl with a nice side dish of baked red potatoes. Apart from the long cooking time the recipe is very easy and gives great satisfaction because with very few ingredients including seasonal red oranges the result is delicious. The sauce created from oranges and onion gives the meat a sweet sour taste really to be hocked, that’s why I share it immediately! Try to believe!
Orange guinea fowl with baked red potatoes
|Preparation time: 20′||difficulty: very easy||Cooking time: 90-120 ‘|
Ingredients for 2 people
for guinea fowl
6 pieces of guinea fowl 1/4 of onion 1 bay leaf 4 oranges tarot 1 glass white wine 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil Pepper salt
for baked red potatoes
4 red potatoes 1 Clove of garlic Water Extra virgin olive oil Rosemary Pepper salt
- Squeeze the oranges and mix the juice in a cup with wine, oil, salt and pepper.
- Wash the guinea fowl and put it in a baking dish.
- Cover the guinea fowl with juice and add the onion cut into coarse pieces and the bay.
- Bake in a ventilated hot oven 180 ° for 90-120 min. it depends on the guinea fowl (if it is from the supermarket it will probably take 90 minutes, if it is free-range of the farmer could serve 120 minutes), it will be cooked when the meat comes off the bones.
- In the meantime, wash the potatoes well cut into chunks and wash them again.
- Put the potatoes in a baking dish with a finger of water, the clove of garlic, chopped rosemary and a drizzle of oil.
- Bake the potatoes about half an hour / forty minutes before the guinea fowl is cooked, so they will come out of the oven hot and steaming at the same time.
Enjoy your meal!!!!
This tasty recipe you can try it even with the most common chicken will always be delicious!!